Beat the odds, Bet on Love with eHarmony
|On this page:||Pros and Cons||Test||Member Structure||Matching Procedures|
|Technical Aspects||Costs and Fees||Contact||Alternatives|
This is eHarmony.com:
EHarmony was launched in the US in 2000, as an alternative online dating site (or matchmaking site) for singles looking for a long-term relationship. In the USA, eHarmony.com has developed into the most trusted relationship website. It can also now boast over 33 million registrations worldwide
They proudly announce that eHarmony.com is responsible for nearly 5% of all new U.S. marriages.
eHarmony’s Compatibility Matching System is based on a rigorous scientific approach to relationships and they have developed models of compatibility particularly adapted for different demographic populations.
eHarmony.com matches you with like-minded singles based on key dimensions of compatibility, such as humour, intelligence and passion.
Another important aspect about eHarmony is that you can’t search profiles. Instead you fill out a questionnaire. They’ll then send you compatible matches (as they say, "eHarmony: a relationship site, not a dating site").
An average of 542 eHarmony members marry every day in the United States as a result of being matched on the site. That's an impressive number!
eHarmony.com: composition of members
- Number of registered members at eHarmony.com:
Over 33,000,000 worldwide
- Gender ratio (m/f):
- 48 : 52
- Age distribution:
Average age of users:
- Women : 25-34 years old
- Men : 25-34 years old
Matching procedure of eHarmony.com:
- Steps to success:
- Complete a relationship questionnaire to receive your free personality profile.
- Rpartner matches and suggestions.
- Choose a payment plan to communicate.
- … Start dating!
- Quantity of proposed partners:
- The number of matches (which is usually a lot) you get depends on where you live.
- Even with the free option, you can see a lot of information about your matches for free.
- Quality of the matching algorithm:
- The eHarmony Compatibility Matching algorithm is based on 29 key dimensions of relationships. It digs deep in order to find out what makes you tick. While it may bring you partner suggestions, it can also be an interesting test to find out more about your personality.
- Given contact guarantee:
- EHarmony does not guarantee that the people they match to you will suit your personality, tastes and preferences.
- Quality of user profiles:
- You can actually see quite a lot of information on your proposed matches’ profiles. This is enough to give you an idea of what that person is like, and whether you would be interested in meeting up with them.
Technical aspects of eHarmony.com
- Special features:
- Secure call option (while maintaining your privacy) with your matches.
- You can connect with eHarmony’s Facebook page.
- Choose 5 questions and send them to your match in order to know him/her better.
- Outstanding Mobile App.
- Handling and design:
The design is modern, clear and well-structured.
eHarmony.com cost and fees
- Free services:
- Free Communication
- Review profiles
- Send icebreakers
- Free Mobile App download
- Get your personality profile
- Premium services
Unlimited communication with the Basic Plan:
- 12 months = $26.95/month
- 6 months = $33.95/month
- 3 months = $57.95/month
- 1 month = $59.95
Features also include viewing match photos, send/receive mails and communication requests. You can also call matches without revealing your number.
Total Connect Membership Prices
- 12 Months – $26.95/Month
- 6 Months- $45.95/Month
- Call your matches without revealing your number
- Get a deeper analysis of your personality test
- View match photos
- Request photos from your matches
- See who has viewed your profile
- Send/Receive Communication Requests
- Send and receive Guided Communication Requests
- Send and receive eHarmony Mail Requests
- Exchange Must Haves/Can't Stands
- Payment options:
- Debit or credit cards
If you don't want your premium membership to be automatically extended at the end of the period you purchased, you must disable this function under "My settings" - "Account settings"
eHarmony.com - about the company
P.O. Box 3640
You can find different ways to contact eHarmony here:
- Cool TV commercials of eHarmony.com: